Don't hang off so much so the bike leans further, personally I wouldn't worry about it. I ride a fz-07. Knee dragging is a result of fast and smooth cornering, not a goal in and of itself. Just got back from a ride.. And it's funny you brought this up. And don't give me this garbage about it's flat and straight where you live. They are called chicken strips because the rider is too “chicken” to lean the bike over very far. Give the bike+rider a larger "equivalent lean" while having less bike lean for better traction. Those guys are gods, but they also have racing tires... Go to the track. The one time I did it it's not like it gripped into the asphalt, it just scraped along the top of it. It has nothing about being a "chicken". share. Mark Nowhereman. Cancel Unsubscribe. Stop giving a shit about chicken strips and pretend they aren't anything. I mean, I've heard of more than one bike that has gone down with brand new tires and riding hard. 47% Upvoted. Sort by. RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum. What are chicken strips on motorcycle tires? New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. I don't see how you could do it without lifting your butt some. Chicken strips carry a pretty negative connotation, since the name comes from the rider being perceived as too “chicken” to lean the bike over in turns. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. So wouldn't using this unused rubber be dangerous. I've only scraped a peg once and I've never used all of the chicken strips on either side of the tire so I guess the peg hits first though my strips are very thin. Mods: Passenger foot peg flip up cup holder; ER6N grab bars; Grab bar sliders; Woodcraft swingarm spools; '09 fairing vibe fix; Thick weather stripping under seat; SportBars; Ninja650Shop.com no-cut sliders. I ride a fz-07. Look at any motogp rider's position and you'll be amazed at how quickly you can corner. The few curvy roads we have don't have speed limits above about 45 or 50, and they aren't really very curvey. why go through all that and risk coming off. The same can be said of regular bicycle tires. I have a 2009 Ninja 650R, its my first bike and I've logged about 7,000 miles in the 5 months I've been riding. You take those tight 90 degree curve at 55 Mph? And new tires are 'slippery' until broken in. That reason you're so uncomfortable with the high pegs - it's to provide clearance to lean! Stop looking at your tires and just go ride. The presence of these chicken strips is completely usual and expected. I have a 2009 Ninja 650R, its my first bike and I've logged about 7,000 miles in the 5 months I've been riding. I've wondered about this for a while: the "chicken strips" are basically 'new' rubber. Come in and talk about your favorite model. we sell every thing you need to fix your atv, motorcycle, sxs, pwc, and snowmobile as well as every thing to keep you clothed and protected in all seasons. It’s a term for the unused outer portions of the tire. Just trying to help keep you and your ride in one piece. i have about 3/4 of an inch chicken strip and i drag my knee whether or not there is an untouched strip doesnt matter to me michelin has these tires out that you can track your lean up to a few elephants that you have to wear down. Press J to jump to the feed. Click the links below to see the other recent vids uploaded on this channel.\r\rhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogfHmiO2SMw\rSPOTTED: An Asian harley davidson rider\r\rhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW4hlWdrXHs\rYAMAHA R6 w/ Werkes exhaust\r\rhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWdyqH8Lk3g\rDec. Public roads aren't the track. Chicken strips can be one of the biggest causes of embarrassment for riders and may even be a safety risk. I can take corners at twice the speed limit, but still have 1 inch of chicken strip, I will certainly not try to go faster on the road just to get rid of them! but because that 1 inch is untouched I would like to get some idea of what will happen should I pass that mark. I'm moving soon, it's all flat and straight lines where I'll be. Loading... Unsubscribe from Mark Nowhereman? It's hard to get rid of chicken strips on public roads as you need to be doing a fast speed to get a good lean, not forgetting cars can get in the way, potholes mid-lean will literally kill you etc etc. Yes. I suggest before you start worrying about chicken strips that you consentrate on your basic riding skills first. I lean my body off the bike as habit now for most anything beyond a gentle sweeper - so the bike is usually pretty upright with plenty of lean angle left should I need it.. Upcoming: Fork sliders; Extended swingarm spools; Bar-end mirrors; HIDs with projectors. Especially you sportsbike guy! New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the motorcycles community. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Leaning off the bike is actually to reduce the lean angle of the bike, is it not? You use as much of your tire as your riding conditions and roads allow. Track must be the only proper way to get rid of them, just curious, how fast do you have to go to use the full tire? Got Chicken Strips!? [/B]. For the rest of you, chicken strips are what some riders call the unworn sections on the outer edges of a motorcycle’s rear tire. You bought a motorcycle that is in many ways, specifically engineered to turn. LMAO! The whole purpose of knee dragging is to keep the bike upward, leaning is bad for grip. 20 comments. here is a solution.just ask ya uncle john:dance: If I wanted to make a life-long career out of, When using under that 1 inch mark on my tires will the peg scrape or does it require me to be. When and how it scrapes probably has something to do with speed and angle of lean combined or something like that. Consider them the enemy, because it's retards like that who drive up your insurance rate. My goal this summer is to eliminate those chicken strips, I don't intend to drag knee on public streets but I would like to push the envelope a little bit further. You take those tight 90 degree curve at 55 Mph? I still have about 1 inch chicken strips on both my front/rear tires on both sides of the tire. Really depends on how much you trust your tires. While true, this results in less traction and therefore control.

Garage Door Wall Switch And Remote Not Working, Ikea Catalog 1999 Pdf, Instant Pot Duo Crisp Uk, Fresh Oregano In Arabic, Core Water Benefits, Interesting Inorganic Chemistry Topics, Irene The Only Lyrics, How To Track On Task Behavior, Recent Marketing Campaigns 2020, Grill Kabob Reston, The Brew Pub, Utility Engineer Meaning, Flameshot Chrome Extension, Missha Time Revolution Set Review, Blandford Forum Market, Online Electrical Engineering Bachelor's Degree Texas, How Is Silver Bromide Used In Black And White Photography, Methylene Diphenyl Diisocyanate Hazards, Nintendo 3ds Games 2020, Probability Exercises University, Matthew 11:28-30 Esv, 1984 Honda Nighthawk 700s Value, Nouns For Grade 1, Condizionale Passato Italian, Old Wedding Songs,