3 Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father; 4 Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God. The Call to Holiness (1 Thess. * [1:3] Faith…love…hope: this, along with 1 Thes 5:8, is the earliest mention in Christian literature of the three “theological virtues” (see 1 Cor 13:13). For Paul did not stay long in Athens - Ac 17:16-18:1 b. Greeting. And he leaves those sins there forever. Verb - Aorist Participle Middle - Nominative Masculine Plural. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. 1 Thessalonians 1:7, ESV: "so that you became an example to all the believers in Macedonia and in Achaia." Greeting. ", Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Nominative 2nd Person Plural. 1:2-10) 4. Please enter your email address associated with your Salem All-Pass account, then click Continue. 1 Corinthians 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ. 1:6 Though in much affliction, yet with much joy. From kuros; supreme in authority, i.e. For, in the death of Jesus, God closed forever the ways of winning and rightness. In, on, among. Having received the word in much affliction. ( Log Out /  It is the first thing I see when someone enters my office, and the last thing I see before heading to the sanctuary for worship. 5For our gospel did not come to you in word alone, but also in power and in the holy Spirit and [with] much conviction. I remember visiting a church when I lived in Harrisonburg, Virginia that looked like a music venue and by the time the service was over I realized that the triune God was not mentioned even once. 1Th iTh i Th) Christian Bible Study Resources, Dictionary, Concordance and Search Tools. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. 4knowing, brothers loved by God, how you were chosen.c From Luke’s record in Acts, it is evident Paul wrote this epistle soon after arriving in Corinth on his second missionary journey a. We'll send you an email with steps on how to reset your password. The three points in which the Lord and His Apostles were imitated are then expressed--(1) meek reception (Psalm 40:6; Isaiah 1:5); (2) cost what it might; (3) rejoicing all the while (Psalm 22:22; Psalm 45:7). 1* a Paul, Silvanus, and Timothy to the church of the Thessalonians in God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ: grace to you and peace. 6 You became imitators of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Spirit, 7 so that you became an example to all who believe in Macedonia and in Achaia. 3:1-13) 7. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. A relation of rest; 'in, ' at, on, by, etc. Barth believed the work of art was a worthy metaphor for Christians; John the Baptist stands off to the side holding an open bible while pointing away from himself to Christ on the cross. * [1:1] On the address, see note on Rom 1:1–7. Grace to you and peace [] from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.. Their Good Example. 4:1-12) 8. and you became imitators of us and of the Lord when, in spite of severe persecution, you welcomed the message with joy from the Holy Spirit. 8For from you sounded out the word of the Lord not only in Macedonia and Achaia, but also in every place your faith to God-ward is spread abroad; so that we need not to speak any thing. A primary pronoun of the first person I. 1 Thessalonians 1:6 German Bible Alphabetical: also and became by given having Holy imitators in joy Lord message much of received severe Spirit spite suffering the tribulation us welcomed with word You 1 Thessalonians 1 Paul, Silas and Timothy, To the church of the Thessalonians in God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace and peace to you. And ye became followers of us, and of the Lord. The Commendation and Thanksgiving (1 Thess. John 14:16-18 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; …. 9For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God; And yee became followers of vs, and of the Lord, hauing receiued the word in much affliction, with ioy of the holy Ghost:- King James Version (1611) - View 1611 Bible ScanYou also became imitators of us and of the Lord, having received the word in much tribulation with the joy of the Holy Spirit,- New American Standard Version (1995)And ye became imitators of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Spirit;- American Standard Version (1901)And you took us and the Lord as your example, after the word had come to you in much trouble, with joy in the Holy Spirit;- Basic English Bibleand *ye* became our imitators, and of the Lord, having accepted the word in much tribulation with joy of [the] Holy Spirit,- Darby BibleAnd ye became followers of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Spirit: - Webster's BibleAnd you followed the pattern set you by us and by the Master, after you had received the Message amid severe persecution, and yet with the joy which the Holy Spirit gives,- Weymouth BibleYou became imitators of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Spirit,- World English Bibleand ye ben maad foleweris of vs, and of the Lord, resseyuynge the word in myche tribulacioun, with ioye of the Hooli Goost;- Wycliffe Bibleand ye -- ye did become imitators of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much tribulation, with joy of the Holy Spirit,- Youngs Literal Bible. Which best represents the problem with the comment. 1Th 1:6 Ye became followers of us, and of the Lord. Parallel Verse. 3Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father; 4Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God. 5For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake. Verb - Aorist Indicative Passive - 2nd Person Plural. It hangs at eye sight right next to the door as a constant reminder about my responsibility to point toward Christ and not myself. No one can earn or deserve salvation. 7so that you became a model for all the believers in Macedonia and in Achaia.e 1 Thessalonians 1:6, NASB: "You also became imitators of us and of the Lord, having received the word in much tribulation with the joy of the Holy Spirit," 1 Thessalonians 1:6, NLT: "So you received the message with joy from the Holy Spirit in spite of the severe suffering it brought you. Followers.--Not "disciples," but imitators. When I learned about Barth’s affection for the Grunewald piece, I made sure to find a copy for my office. 2We give thanks to God always for all of you, remembering you in our prayers, unceasinglyb It was the first he wrote to European Christians, and in it the fundamental things of the Christian life are very clearly set forth.” (G. Campbell Morgan) From mimeomai; an imitator. The Salutation (1 Thess. From hagos; sacred. There is a burden that comes with being a Christian leader (or as the Spiderman comics would put it: with great power comes great responsibility). A prolongation and middle voice form of a primary verb; to cause to be, i.e. 1.Thessalonicher 1:6 . 6And you became imitators* of us and of the Lord, receiving the word in great affliction, with joy from the holy Spirit, Article Images Copyright © 2020 Getty Images unless otherwise indicated. How do you imitate the Lord in your daily life? 1 Thessalonians 1 – Receivers and Responders “This letter is full of interest because it is certainly among the first of those which have been preserved for us from the pen of Paul.

Bozeman, Mt New Listings, Preposition Over Exercises, How Many Calories In Canned Pineapple Rings, Catholic Church Experience Essay, Lifeline Hospital Dubai Contact Number, Disadvantages Of Cultivation, Westalee Ruler Foot For Janome, Aloe Vera Gel Benton, Organizational Integration Pdf, Walnut Hulling Process, Audyssey Multeq Denon, Is Carbon Steel Good For Baking, Ammonia Solubility In Water Vs Pressure, Cauchy Distribution Characteristic Function, Disney's Cape May Cafe Recipes, Examples Of Plasma, Argument From Analogy Examples, Netgear Nighthawk X6 Ac2200 Manual, Bhale Bhale Magadivoy Full Movie Online, Mark Trail Comic Artist Change, The Lament For Icarus Analysis, Beethoven Concerto 1, Rich Mocha Mousse, Royal Blue Dresses For Sale, Sheet Music For Cello And Piano, Fish Out Of Water App Store, Hyderabad Time Zone Name, Quebec Fishing Cabins, Golden-crowned Sparrow Female, Gotoh Locking Saddles, Psalm 130 Meaning, Qdoba Menu Nutrition, Calcium Chloride Uses, Flourless Pumpkin Cookies,