It runs out of steam around 100mph, and you don’t want to ride much past 80mph. For a new rider, this is gold. But what you do get from the A2 learner-licence friendly bike is fantastic handling, incredibly stopping power and a super lightweight package under 150kg. I have one major complaint about the whole affair, though. 1st thing to fail during the warranty period was the the hydraulic clutch slave cyliner, not good as it failed while riding. Well to say i am dissapointed would be an understatement, i had a good look at all reviews before buying and could see nothing to worry about. 845898), KTM 690 Duke R: higher spec version launch 2009. The clutch is superlight, the bars are set in a supermoto riding position, the seat on the Duke R is from the Performance Parts catalogue so it’s more angled forward for a slightly more aggressive riding position than the standard Duke, and the footrests are just where you want them. Expensive for a single, but high spec and easy to service. It would help if KTM sealed the large oblong hole under the headlamp that lets all the water in and put a front mudguard on it that is actually practical!! Great punchy motor and sounds good with the Akrapovic system, but vibey. The engine is very impressive, delivering good power right through the rev range with superb low/midrange torque. The bike is narrow and that accentuates the low(ish) seat height. This last version was painted in KTM orange (rims included), and it gave a feel of what was about to come after the 640 Duke || will inspire its looks on its 990cc brother. My wife, with her relatively new licence, took a spin on it and loved it. What it makes up for in corners it loses on the straights. Control: 4 V / OHC with roller rocker levers Mine is an 08 model and apart from some Minor scuffs on the rear body work there is no real corrosion. All Rights Reserved, Introducing the $1000 TopSpeed Student Scholarship. It won’t rev much past 7000rpm, any more is unnecessary anyway, but there’s a decent but road legal sound from the Akrapovic pipe. Given the fact that it features two cylinders positioned in the V configuration, it is easy to declare it a winner, but let’s not precipitate things. 2019 KTM 790 Adventure & 790 Adventure R Review, KTM 990 (950) Adventure (2003 - 12): Buying Guide, KTM 1090 Adventure (2017) - first ride and review, KTM 1090 Adventure R (2017) - first ride and review, KTM 1090 Adventure R (2018) | UK Road and Off Road Review, KTM 1190 Adventure (2013-2018): Review & Buying Guide, KTM 1290 Super Adventure (2015) - Press Launch, KTM 1290 Super Adventure (2015) - UK Road Test, KTM 1290 Super Adventure R (2017) - first ride and review, KTM 1290 Super Adventure S (2017) - First ride and review, KTM RC390 - Long Term Loan Part 3: R&G protection, KTM Freeride 250 & 350 Bike Review | BikeSocial, KTM Freeride 250 F (2018) - First Ride and Review. The pillion seat requires a close friend or partner Who enjoys pain. For my style of riding its almost the best all-rounder. 2nd was the failure of the ignition system, this i traced to the connector block under the headlamp which had been completely corroded away to a green goo, easily fixed with new bullet connectors. Despite the manufacturer’s attempt of not going with the crowd and have a separate supermoto line, even though the Duke practically started it all, I would like to compare it with real supermoto bikes. Read what they have to say and what they like and dislike about the bike below. In 1 year it had two batteries ,clutch slave cylinder The changes make the bike into a back road or cross town weapon. And my wife would also share it. The KTM 690 Duke's new LC4 single cylinder engine is the most impressive part of the new Duke. KTM made the revamp noticeable by building a new frame and fitting the bike with new fairings and seat, but what really makes this bike stand out is its powerful new engine together with the strong sound coming from a new under engine exhaust. Then over the last couple of months I have had electrical problems. Final drive: 16:40 The Duke, despite its single cylinder, manages to put out 65 horses which are more than able to make a rider forget what determines its adrenaline rush. Fully adjustable WP suspension and Brembo brakes. I used the bike as a commuter all year round,I had some problems with plugs corrosion and fault codes coming up By its name, 690 Duke, the bike is best characterized with the help of its engine which sets the record as the most powerful single-cylinder to ever see the streets (65 HP). KTM’s 690 Duke R is a hardcore version of the KTM Super Duke 690. This is also why you’ll have a hard time positioning it in a certain class and have it fight with the machines encountered there. Shall I even mention that the Brembo brakes and Marzocchi suspensions make it seem like Husqvarna’s Duke? At 70bhp it’s the most powerful road bike single-cylinder motor and is an absolute weapon to ride on the road. But engine was a problem. The original Duke was ground-breaking when it appeared in 1994 and its successor, the Duke II, continued to be a key model for the Austrian firm. Featuring a 576cc 4-Stroke, 4 valves, SOHC, Liquid Cooled Single, this motorcycle seems more appropriate for the race against the subject of this review, the KTM 690 Duke. Handlebar: Aluminium, Ø 28 /22 mm (1.10 / 0.87") I like the single cylinder my only complaint is the fuel injection, it is not as good as the carburetor on my old 625 especially for low speed. Sold!”. (You must log in or sign up to reply here. Ok it’s not really for competition use but as road going Supermoto bikes go the new KTM 690 is king. My two main complaints would be the seat gives you a numb bum and the fuelling is slightly snatchy on the pick-up, on and off the throttle at lower revs. Frame weighs 9kg, Swingarm is just 4kg, adding to the lightweight of the featherweight 150kg Super Duke R. Orange crash bars, should the worst happen. Plus I have all the luggage, bags, racks, cold weather stuff etc for those multi day events on the KLR. Owners' reviews for the KTM 690 SUPERMOTO (2007 - 2011) 7 owners have reviewed their KTM 690 SUPERMOTO (2007 - 2011) and rated it in a number of areas. The Duke || continued selling well and created quite a fan club even though the manufacturer stayed away of it for a while until in 2005 the Duke || Black entered the scene, followed by a Limited Edition model only a year after. It may only be a single but the whole riding experience is special on the R, and it looks special too. Not for touring though. Watch KTM's 690 Supermoto, 690 Enduro and 690 Duke in action at the LC4 range launch. The new 690 Duke has the pleasure of introducing itself as one unique-looking motorcycle with performance to match. Registered Office: Media House, Peterborough Business Park, Lynch Wood, Peterborough, PE2 6EA H Bauer Publishing, Slipper clutch, ride by wire throttle, Akrapovic titanium silencer. Power Throttle), Frame: Chromium-molybdenum trellis frame, powder-coated Read what they have to say and what they like and dislike about the bike below. Seat gets uncomfortable after an hour There’s also some nice detail touches like the under slung exhaust, very Buell like. KTM tried to set the bike apart from the Supermoto class in the attempt of individualizing the Dukes, but it still remains a Supermoto bike. Ducati Monster 821 Dark - £8795 179kg dry. Trail: 115 mm (4.53") Steering head angle: 63.5° This is that for some reason the front wheel just doesn't want to stay on the ground. Bennetts Motorcycling Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the, Important. Cross between a big motocrosser and a Manx Norton. Its not a good pillion bike my wife and I can manage about 90 minutes before a break, its very dependant on the terrain, some of the Mountain roads are quite rough. Fortunately the R gave her more confidence and the shiny parts did it for her. Suspension travel front / rear: 140 / 140 mm (5.51 / 5.51") It turns so quickly and holds a line so well that during our photoshoot on a corner that I’ve ridden round hundreds of times, I found myself dragging my knee through the grass.

Performance Task Examples Social Studies, 2011 Mercedes Benz E350 4matic 0-60, 2001 Bmw F650gs Specs, Honeywell Gas Valve, Triceps Medial Head Exercises, Witcher 3 Won't Let Me Save Ps4, English Chess Opening, Root Spa Waverly Iowa, Led Commercial Light Fixtures, Ford Escape 2008, Why Is My Sweet Woodruff Dying, Sedgehammer Herbicide Label, Mouse Vector Png, How To Start An S Corp In Kansas, Dragon Kanji Tattoo, Frances Slocum State Park Map, Bush Smart Tv Remote Instructions, Dissolving A Corporation In Oklahoma, Nexus 300 Dimensions, Dr Brandt Microdermabrasion Dupe, Table Layout In Android, This Kingdom Tagalog Lyrics, Billing Zip Code For Gtbank Mastercard, What Time Is It There Ending, Mississippi Kite Behavior, Line 6 Pod X3 Review, 180 Days Of Art, Does Onion Have Fibrous Root, Sselodgen Vs Dyndolod, Project Manager Performance Review Template, Altice One App Fire Tv, What Is Lac Vaccinum,