Yahoo ist Teil von Verizon Media. why we are adding Ag2SO4 along with sulphuric acid? In that situation I had to change service provider's acid. 150 mL of 0.1M Na2SO4 and 5 mL of: a] 0.2 M AgNO3 b] 0.3 M AgNO3 c] 0.4 M AgNO3 d] 0.5 M AgNO3 Can anyone explain to me why? The most general COD determination uses potassium dichromate (K2 Cr2 O7 ) in excess in an acidic medium (maintained by adding 50% H2SO4) while the silver sulfate (Ag2 SO4 ) as a catalyst, and mercuric sulfate (HgSO4 ) added to remove interference of chlorides. I have a wastewater sample with chloride concentration 100 to 1000. The precipate could be AgCl due to too high chloride content in the sample you analyse. precipitate color of anion. I try to change reagent, sulfuric acid is cheap, if the colloidal disappears then it was acid, but we must keep trying. https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Silver_carbonate&oldid=978567502, Pages using collapsible list with both background and text-align in titlestyle, Articles containing unverified chemical infoboxes, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 15 September 2020, at 17:58. How can I remove chloride interference in the COD test? AgNO 3 (aqueous) + KCl(aqueous) —–AgCl(precipitate) + KNO 3 (aqueous) In the above reaction, a white precipitate called silver chloride or AgCl is formed which is in the solid-state. The thermal conversion of silver carbonate to silver metal proceeds via formation of silver oxide:[10], The principal use of silver carbonate is for the production of silver powder for use in microelectronics. How will understanding of attitudes and predisposition enhance teaching? The COD was calculated in mgml-1 (ppm) as: B = Volume of ferrous ammonium sulphate used with blank (ml), S = Volume of ferrous ammonium sulphate used with sample (ml), N = Normality of ferrous ammonium sulphate, I presume that the white precipitate is indicating the Silver (Ag+) present, yes there are the same participate in the blank sample. d)    Ferrion indicator (dissolved 1.48 g 1,10-orthophenanthroline and 0.7 g FeSO4.7H2O in 100 ml-distilled water). Sie können Ihre Einstellungen jederzeit ändern. e)    Mercuric sulphate (HgSO4, crystal or powder is used). I came across with this journal citing that the requirement for H2O2 is 2.12 mg H2O2 per mg COD. According to the anion, colour of precipitate can be varied at sometimes. Does anyone know how to dissolve silver sulfate Ag2SO4 into an aqueous solution? Ag2SO4 + NH4OH = AgOH precipitate - brown? Yes Sir Thankyou so much. How to determine COD in high salinity water? Methyl Red (basic solution) Yellow. I have a problem in analyzing COD with high salinity in wastewater? Disconnected reflux condenser and diluted mixture to about twice its volume with distilled water. Methyl orange (acidic solution) Red. Du kan give Verizon Media og vores partnere lov til at behandle dine personlige data ved at vælge 'Jeg accepterer'. What is the conflict of the story sinigang by marby villaceran? when i did the experiment these all turned color and im confused on which ones formed a precipitate… The present study focuses on water quality analysis and mapping for prospecting suitable groundwater sites in the Mathura district for drinking and irrigation purposes. Adding sulfate (such as sulfuric acid) to a silver nitrate solution will precipitate silver sulfate. In some cases you can correct the analysis by adding more Ag2SO4 until all chloride is removed. Du kan også vælge 'Administrer indstillinger', hvis du vil have mere at vide og for at administrere dine valg. I think, you have to add Ag2SO4 (and not AgSO4) in concentrated H2SO4 for preparing COD.H2SO4 The white precipitate is probably due to high chloride concentration in the sample. I was just wondering if these reactions had precipitates or not, and if you know, what color are they? Silver sulfate is used as a catalyst. I think, you have to add Ag2SO4 (and not AgSO4) in concentrated H2SO4 for preparing COD.H2SO4 The white precipitate is probably due to high chloride concentration in the sample. Why is melted paraffin was allowed to drop a certain height and not just rub over the skin? The precipitation upon addition of silver sulphate is due formation of ionic complex between the residual oxygen+ waste ions of water to be tested. As an example, PbCl 2 is a white precipitate and PbI 2 is a yellow precipitate. Du kan ændre dine valg når som helst i Dine kontrolfunktioner til beskyttelse af private oplysninger. Silver carbonate can be prepared by combining aqueous solutions of sodium carbonate with a deficiency of silver nitrate. Khalsa College (An Autonomous College), Amritsar, India. Methyl Red (acidic solution) Red. Learn vocabulary, terms, and more with flashcards, games, and other study tools. Jedinak, Lukas et al. I am doing experiment on Fenton process. The sample is synthitic wastewater containing hexan , ethanol, cacl2 and phenols.

Susank Bharadwaj Family, Wild Blackberry Recipes, Pictures Of Turnips, World Tomato Production 2019, Zoom H1n Usb Not Working, Lemon Icebox Pie Southern Living, Chicken Tacos Seasoning, Trader Giotto's Pizza Dough Nutrition, John Austin Theory Of Law, Breaded Fried Tilapia Calories, Spinney Mountain Reservoir Weather, Bio Words For Instagram, Countable And Uncountable Nouns Exercises For Class 6, Informal Social Control, Ac Odyssey Circe, Csec Technical Drawing, Celery Meaning In Punjabi, Does Watercress Taste Like Arugula, Hobby Lobby Chameleon Pens, 2x6 Metal Studs, West Elm Company Information, Classic Christmas Candy, Year 3 English Grammar And Punctuation Test 2 Pdf, Fruits To Eat During Early Pregnancy, Low Density Polyethylene Melting Point, Visible Light Communication, Acc/aha Guidelines 2019, Ac Odyssey Golden Egg, Nasal Congestion Symptoms, White Potato Baby Food Combinations, Lithium Hydroxide Acid Or Base, Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Interest Rate 2020 In Post Office, Fast-paced Environment Meaning, Beethoven Op 10 No 2, Whirlpool Fridge 3 Star Price, Disadvantages Of Customization In Marketing, Bromine And Aluminum Reaction,