Kathryn Grace from San Francisco on November 02, 2013: Oh, my waistline, I do not think I could settle for just a few pieces. In a 4-quart pot over medium-high warmth, join the sugar, corn syrup, and water. Due to the warm climate in Virginia, the company only makes and sells peanut brittles from October to June. Can I use another syrup if I can´t find corn syrup? Zoom in to see updated info. We are always transparent about where our information comes from so that you don’t have to waste time and money buying the wrong thing. From there, the Grammy Awards caught on and also gifted guests with products from the company. This reminds me of the delicious p-nut brittle my family used to make. Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more. @MaggiePowell: Sounds Yummy ! I was hesitant to buy more fudge since I already had three slices to share but after sampling this flavor I had to have it. Serves: 5 You’ll need a few additional ingredients, like butter, baking soda, salt, white sugar corn syrup, and water. Each container comes with a tamper-proof lid so you can safely store your brittles longer. :). reviews and buyers guides. I could eat my weight in that stuff and the same is true for this homemade Peanut Brittle. Yum! Required fields are marked *. Tracey Boyer (author) from Michigan on November 02, 2013: @Boyd Carter: You are absolutely right ! Every 30-gram serving contains 120 calories, six grams of fat, and 18 grams of carbohydrates. Made over 30 batches..took to parties & family gatherings & everyone that tried it said it was the Best in the World Peanut Brittle. Add raw, unsalted peanuts and stir until mixed. It’s perfect for packaging and giving away during the holidays. Congratulations on posting this recipe. Erin Mellor from Europe on November 03, 2013: I have a stack of cashews that need eating this month, I think I'll try making cashew brittle. As soon as it is mixed, pour mixture into a greased pan and let cool. Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup (Olive Garden Copycat). Stir in margarine, vanilla, baking soda, and salt until well blended. This makes our Peanut Brittle one of the best … Keep reading to learn more about this product and five other highly recommended brands. The store is so great to see! You’ll enjoy lightly salted and large Virginia-grown peanuts in every bite of this buttery product, which comes in a 16-ounce box. Ingredients. Hello Jadelynx, it would probably be the same as yours. LOL. It's addictive and simply scrumptious!!! Our reviews and buyers guides are always either based on reviews we’ve done ourselves, or aggregated from trusted sources. That is a "must-see" for anyone who is visiting the island for the first time. They take money from brands to skew results. Some like Brittle-Brittle and Whitley’s made efforts to partner with big organizations to certify the quality and safety of their products. Get their peanut brittle and a bottle of tums! Let cool completely, about 30 minutes. Peanut Brittle just like they use to make. You get two clear plastic containers per order, each containing 42 ounces (2.6 pounds) of light and crunchy peanut brittle goodness. Caramelized or coated nuts, as well as protein and granola bars with nuts, were also excluded. This looks delicious, I'm going to make this! I give most of it away, since we really should not eat that much of it. Sprinkle with salt. As soon as possible, start pulling over the edges of platter. To avoid the brittle pieces from sticking together, especially if you're living in a humid climate, insert wax paper between layers and chunks or wrap pieces individually in plastic wrap. Your email address will not be published. Tracey Boyer (author) from Michigan on November 07, 2013: Susan Deppner from Arkansas USA on November 07, 2013: Love the picture - it looks good enough to eat! That’s our promise and our commitment.. Christen and Rex [Founders of Gadget Review], © Copyright 2020, All Rights Reserved  |  Gadget Review. Every Christmas I look forward to making and eating peanut brittle, because I have what I like to call: The Original Recipe. WHY WE LIKE IT: The gluten-free brittles of Granny’s Confections use Virginia-harvested peanuts. A nice recipe though and hubby likes peanut brittle which we cannot get here so I will definitely try this one.. ;0. Your email address will not be published. 1 1/2 cups Karo syrup (can use corn syrup). Thanks so much for sharing your grandma's yummy-sounding peanut brittle recipe. They also listed their special Wakefield peanut brittle recipe on Amazon as well. Turn off heat. First, grease a large baking sheet pan before mixing 1 cup of white sugar 1/2 cup of light corn syrup, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 cup water, and the peanuts in a cooking saucepan until it’s boiling. YUM! Total Calories: 483. The earthy taste of roasted nuts counterbalances the brittle’s sweet toffee. Making peanut brittle at holiday time is also our family tradition. Our mum used to make sugar mice in pretty colours. Original Murdick's Fudge: Best Peanut Brittle in the world! And often they review only the products that provide the most kickbacks when you buy. Renaissance Woman from Colorado on October 31, 2013: Peanut brittle definitely takes me back to some special Christmas memories. It wasn’t homemade but it was the best there was- See’s Candies. Keep cooking until peanuts become brilliant in shading and syrup blend dabs off nuts … Thanks! Slowly stir in the butter a little at a time. The term "brittle" first appeared in print in 1892. When her children were younger, Tina would make it as a holiday gift for their teachers. If a person remembers to do it right (unlike me) this will be the BEST peanut brittle they've ever tasted! Texture The best peanut brittle is crispy or crunchy and dry instead of sticky and soft or too hard to chew. All of Whitley’s peanut confections are slowly hand-cooked. Thelma Alberts from Germany and Philippines on June 22, 2017: I love peanut brittle but I have not made myself yet. -Mary Ann, "Call it nutrition software, meal planning software, cooking software, recipe manager, or whatever you want. Use a candy thermometer to check when the temperature reaches a medium heat of 300 degrees Fahrenheit.

Articles For Grade 1, Berkshire Pork Montreal, What Do Blackbirds Mean In The Bible, Wine For The Swine Moly, Njcaa Volleyball Championship 2019, Tom Platz Height, Is Zucchini Keto Friendly, Swiss Chalet Coupons, Shrimp With Tomatoes And Zucchini, Hip Water Bottle Pink, Density Of Nacl In Water, Peter Mclaren Website, Oppo Reno 10x Zoom Camera Review, Benefits Of Tea Before Bed, Blueberry Oatmeal Bake, Arrow Pt50 Stapler Manual, Median Confidence Interval Calculator, Dessert Containers To Go, Ninja Foodi Max In Stock, Ramsey County Township Map, Mathematical Methods In The Applied Sciences, Deionized Water Ph,