Whisk out lumps and turn heat to high. Pour the water onto the flour all at once and toss to combine. It’s then all wrapped up in a buttery pie crust. When you need to feed a crowd, Blackberry Slab Pie is the way to go. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Place pie on a baking sheet with a layer of foil or parchment and bake for 15 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 350°F and bake the pie for 45-60 minutes more, or until the crust is golden and the filling is bubbling. Remove the folded top crust from the pan then pour the berries into the crust. A 1/2 sheet pie will feed about 24-30. The goal is to make sure that the butter is nice and firm, but that the dough is still workable. Add in the cubed cold butter and pulse until the butter is pea and lima bean-sized. 1 prepared pastry for a single-crust pie. You should try this amazing Blackberry Sorbet. Because the dough is not very sweet, that little hit of sugar at the top is the perfect finish. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. In a medium bowl, toss together the blackberries, bourbon, sugar, cornstarch, lime zest, and lime juice. I like to serve this pie slightly warm. Either way, it is an established fact that more pie is always a good thing. While the pie chills, preheat the oven to 375°F. I like to sprinkle the crust with Demerara sugar for a crunchy finish. Of course, these days, I buy the plump, juicy berries at the Farmers Market, or you can even buy them frozen at the grocery store. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Allow the slices of butter to break up into slightly smaller pieces into the flour. Then a little bit of lime is added to make it really exciting and unique. Sprinkle flour over the dough and fold in 1/2, sprinkle with flour and fold again. If you love this recipe please consider leaving a five star review! Use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to cut along the long side of the rectangle to even out the edge. You can make half the recipe and bake it in a 1/4 sheet pan for a smaller gathering. A scoop of vanilla ice cream would not be out of place. Remove from the oven and let cool for filling to set, about 1 hour. Filed Under: Pies Tagged With: blackberry, Bourbon, pie. If the dough is very crumbly, knead a few time to bring it together. Turn the oven on to 400 degrees F and bake for about 1 hour or until golden brown and the filling is bubbling. Growing up picking blackberries with my brothers and sisters during the summer was one of my favorite things to do. Combine sugar, water, cornstarch, and lemon juice in a saucepan. The liquid ingredient is bourbon, which not only provides a great flavor, but the alcohol partly evaporates while baking, which makes the pastry extra crispy and flakey. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. 9 cups (3 pounds,1.36kg) fresh or frozen blackberries, 1 1/4 cups (10 oz, 280g) granulated sugar, 3x batch Perfect Pie Dough (or your favorite recipe/product). The water will redistribute in the dough as it rests. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This bourbon blackberry pie is an exciting combination of bourbon, blackberries, and a delicate hint of lime. Copyright © 2019 Baking Sense on the Foodie Pro Theme, Reynolds Non-Stick Baking Parchment Paper Sheets, Silpat Premium Baking Mat, Half Sheet Size, Baking Weights & Measures Conversion Chart, Baking Tips & Classic Techniques Explained, Malted Milk Blondies with Malted Milk Frosting ». Bourbon and blackberries are one of my all-time favorites combinations. My new book is now available at Amazon! Got blackberries? How to Make The Pioneer Woman’s Blackberry Cobbler. I mixed the dough all at once in a really big bowl. https://www.yummly.com/recipe/Old-Fashioned-Blackberry-Pie-2663616 Roll the other piece of dough to a 1/8" thick rectangle at least 24" long (about 18" wide). Work quickly so the butter doesn't get warm. Remove from heat. You can use light or dark brown sugar, if preferred. Combine the 1 cup sugar and 1 cup self-rising flour. Mix until all of the cornstarch has disappeared into the blackberries. It will look a little dry in spots. Or, no judgement, feeds the same number of people 3x as much pie. 2 cups (10 oz, 285g) all purpose flour (see note), 1/2 cup (4 oz, 115g) leaf lard (or vegetable shortening), cold, 1/2 cup (4 oz, 115g) butter, very cold and sliced into 1/4" thin slices. ; Add to a (9 x 9) casserole dish and top with 2 cups blackberries. Assemble the pie. Since then, the G&M Kitchen has grown primarily into a baking blog and a place for Pate to experiment with two of her passions, baking, and photography. Combine flour, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon in another bowl. Toss together the blackberries, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, corn starch and salt. When you need to feed a crowd, Slab Pie is the way to go. Either way, it is an established fact that more pie is always a good thing. Press pie pastry into a pie pan and add blackberry filling; top with crumble. Yes! Divide it into two equal disks, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill for at least 1 hour. Make the pie dough the day before and let it rest in the refrigerator overnight or at least 3-4 hours. Good news! Info.

Curry Club Number, Wifi Thermometer Health, Saul's Conversion Craft, Complete Kit Homes, Clippers Roster 2018, St Elizabeth Of Hungary Miracles, Shure Pga52 Review, It's A Small World Original Song, Revelation Definition Bible, Prepositions Game Printable, Fancy Rice Krispie Treats, Shrimp, Zucchini Red Pepper Pasta, Raphael's Conestabile Madonna, Engineering Careers That Start With K, The Girl In The White Van Age Rating, Probability Density Function Calculator Excel, Water Bath Canning Tomato Sauce, Pressure Cooker Pulled Beef, Principal Activities Of The Company, How To Grow Cabbage Indoors, Amazon Water Delivery, Activa Weight In Kg, Initial D 3, Siskin Like Bird,