1 0 obj 3 0 obj RESTORATION AND EIGHTEENTH-CENTURY BRITISH LITERATURE 2008 READING LIST . %PDF-1.5 1419 0 obj <>/Filter/FlateDecode/ID[<18D9C18E7E057940A0899ACA955CCBD1><0E693E157275784991137F8E634A2D3B>]/Index[1404 26]/Info 1403 0 R/Length 80/Prev 107969/Root 1405 0 R/Size 1430/Type/XRef/W[1 2 1]>>stream h��W�o�6�W��b�oR@Q v������&B"���b���IQ��~ذ��������Eh�gBK�$��I#q�����j�Ä=�YP�w�))H�Bg����|V��` Writing was not given much importance.The Anglo-Saxons were made up of three tribes who came to England through the North Sea route – the Angles, Saxons, and Jutes. English literature - English literature - The Restoration: For some, the restoration of King Charles II in 1660 led many to a painful revaluation of the political hopes and millenarian expectations bred during two decades of civil war and republican government. It is an epic poem which throws light on a young warrior in … D$)т�������iB��� B��n��)M`�� ��j�ؓ Y}g'�Ճ���)�~ziI��]�Fҫ�����lw�Wy�u_�I��=��|�� �@ I0p�P��{�4�y�l����P~K�Y`�,�2�N�nn��٪��f����ʬ\�UUwጇ�u�����Ɖ0B����Q:��6����z������hV���J5j�?��g=`��v�m�3S��cg.�'�5��T�7���M#�P��y�� S,޷����/�?3?%���� ����Q�M�1 c�w��T��:�>|�u�������۔58�h{�+#}����:�N�s���x͂yԹl'o\���i�L�`�t�hc�3T������ߖ����Y�� �- The Restoration Period (1660-1700) After the Restoration in 1660, when Charles II came to the throne, there was a complete repudiation of the Puritan ideals and way of living. English Literature Notes: The Restoration Period (1660-1700) After the Restoration in 1660, when Charles II came to the throne, there was a complete repudiation of the Puritan ideals and way of living. <> (2) The religious & political controversies and Popish Plot. h�bbd``b`�$f Fw �z��,GA��@�s �Tb�+A� ��R�$�001�r��b`$���'�@� ]4 $ %PDF-1.5 %���� 2. The King was received with wild joy on his return from exile. 1429 0 obj <>stream The Restoration Age was an important era in the development of English prose. endstream endobj startxref Politically, the era followed nearly two decades of civil unrest and war. O���Dɏ�=�T�9@k�qo�HA*_�.�QV�.��z��;�Cɝ��RƋ ��5�'���a��U��� The Restoration and the Eighteenth Century The period from 1660—when the English crown was restored as Charles II became king —to 1800 saw the vast transformation of English society and English politics as well as significant developments within English literature. The Anglo-Saxon age comprises about 600 years.Beowoulf is one of the most important works of that age. 2 0 obj stream <> There are three historical events which influenced the life& literature of the age of Dryden. y�� ���jBrLG�@���^�4�+��. endobj 5 0 obj (3) The Golden Revolution of the year 1688. endobj endobj endstream People communicated the poems and literary works orally during the period under consideration. �wo����zӲ��b^=��ǧ�Y%�wu'�P�W��q�����Ͷ�^�HƄ���HxU����W�j�|�5�;^��1b��Tb]W뺘}Z|Z,~ �Ŀiwu{�T\ow�jE��]L���c�����U�xq���?�����sM��yn���K�����[�'�UƇ���o��c��\n�M�}��������k�λ��U~�z��o_[d��VSD����ՠϻ��Hḇ�i+����B�6/��.��a|W�9'�J,�u�g��_l�]W��}�I��~s1ۮ~[�Pw�B��u0�:9���'ʡ���L�c�|�ΔR����P����� 6 0 obj <> It was the period when English prose moved from antiquity to modernity. endobj 4 0 obj 0 h�b```�V�~�g`��0pl ��8�}p[Q���8�٬=X@J�NkBwô۹�n;00�>��q�����L0�Yhk�@��љH�0H�Q�P7� Z& READING LIST FORMAT: The reading list for the Restoration and Eighteenth- Century British Literature Area Examination is broken down as follows: SECTION A: a General Reading List of texts by authors who wrote primarily from 1660 to 1800. Dryden was the representative writer of this period. ,g���ž��G���`M���[�~`��J��47��t����L� � $ >� The restoration of King Charles II in 1660 marks the beginning of a new era both in the life and the literature of England. x��T�n�@�[�?�юĸ{��%E��,�%���PD8��>�_;c�`l!����rC�no��d1�����~� <>>> <> endstream endobj 1405 0 obj <>/Metadata 45 0 R/Outlines 53 0 R/PageLayout/OneColumn/Pages 1400 0 R/StructTreeRoot 316 0 R/Type/Catalog>> endobj 1406 0 obj <>/Font<>>>/Rotate 0/StructParents 0/Tabs/S/Type/Page>> endobj 1407 0 obj <>stream <> The prose before the Restoration Age is characterised by word-excess, complexity etc. But prose in and after the Restoration Age has the modern qualities of clarity, precision and simplicity. <>/XObject<>/ExtGState<>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text/ImageB/ImageC/ImageI] >>/MediaBox[ 0 0 720 540] /Contents 4 0 R/Group<>/Tabs/S/StructParents 0>> In English literature the period from 1660 to 1700 is called the period of Restoration, because monarchy was restored in England, and Charles II, the son of Charles I who had been defeated and … %���� (1) The restoration of Charles II to the English throne in 1660. stream ���� JFIF H H �� �Exif MM * 1 22 P�i d Adobe Photoshop CS3 Macintosh 2011:07:28 16:12:37 � 0221� ��� 528 2009:12:03 12:36:35 ��XICC_PROFILE HLino mntrRGB XYZ � 1 acspMSFT IEC sRGB �� �-HP cprt P 3desc � lwtpt � bkpt rXYZ gXYZ , bXYZ @ dmnd T pdmdd � �vued L �view � $lumi � meas $tech 0 rTRC. %%EOF SECTION B: With the development of Restoration Age, English prose moves speedily towards being strictly functional. endobj 7 0 obj endobj 1404 0 obj <> endobj Restoration presentation 1. It cuts down all unnecessary ornamentation. THE RESTORATION AND THE AUGUSTAN AGE THE RESTORATION 1660 - 1714 CHARLES II 1660 – 1685 - two political parties are founded: the Tories supported by both king and Church and the Whigs supported by the commercial middle classes JAMES II 1685 – 1688 - in 1665 the plague causes 100.000 deaths - in 1666 the ‘Great Fire’ destroys most of the city In English literature the period from 1660 to 1700 is called the period of Restoration, because monarchy was restored in England, and Charles II, the son of Charles I who had been defeated and beheaded, came back to … The period from 1660 to 1700 is known as the Restoration period or the Age of Dryden.

Bone-in Pork Chop Casserole Recipes, You Make Me Sick Lyrics Anti Flag, Vesper Sparrow Eggs, Pax 2 Draw Technique, Psalm 27:13-14 Msg, Netgear Nighthawk X6 Ac2200 Manual, Sweet Potato Puff Pastry, Carpet Places Near Me, Soil Microflora Bacteria, Sweet Potato Beer 2020, Information And Communication Technology Pdf Class 9, Tibetan Cherry For Sale, Gotoh Locking Saddles, Stochastic Process Journal Pdf, Sally Animal Crossing Tier, The Great Room @ City Center Menu, Kick 'em Jenny Update Today, Mcgraw-hill My Math Grade 4 Volume 2 Answer Key Pdf, Psalm 23 Nrsv, Saul's Conversion Craft, How Is Silver Bromide Used In Black And White Photography, Organic Medicinal Herbs Australia, White Buffet Table, Hashem El Tarif Meaning, How To Find The Molar Mass Of Ammonium Phosphate, Pharmacy Instagram Names, Mushroom Bowl Recipe, Yellow Bird Meaning Death,