Finish His work | GotQuestions.org. The testimony of Jesus is the Spirit of prophecy. The heavens and the earth will pass away, but He will remain. "Whose origins are from of old,/ from ancient times" (5:2) is Micah's picture. Commentary_Revelation_1-19_Text.pdf. 28 And I will give him the morning star. | GotQuestions.org, Will all Israel be saved in the end times? NRS  Revelation 2:29 Let anyone who has an ear listen to what the Spirit is saying to the churches. Revelation 2:17), whilst in the fourth are the heavenly Jerusalem (cf. Salem Media Group. Is paradise a different place than Heaven? All rights reserved, What does it mean to have left your first love (Revelation 2:4)? He takes us forever, and He will not leave us until He has done all that He has spoken of to us. NLT  Revelation 2:29 "Anyone with ears to hear must listen to the Spirit and understand what he is saying to the churches. Beyond the smiling and the weeping, beyond the parting and the meeting, He stands in eternity with our title and our crown safe in His keeping. "Before Abraham was born, I am" (John 8:58b). Article Images Copyright © 2020 Getty Images unless otherwise indicated. 5. Old Testament saints will be resurrected to enter the Millennial Kingdom. 1. There was a period when every friendship began, and many of those we love the best we only knew for the first time a little while ago. We will change, but He is the same yesterday, today and forever. This is the true aim of a consecrated life—to make Jesus first. Let us catch the lions and the dragons while they are young, and so shall we trample them under foot. The hands into which we commit our souls are divine and infinite hands. Daily Study Bible - Revelation - William Barclay, What does it mean that good works are the result of salvation? NKJ  Revelation 2:27 `He shall rule them with a rod of iron; They shall be dashed to pieces like the potter's vessels '-- as I also have received from My Father; 28 "and I will give him the morning star. He who overcomes, and he who keeps My deeds until the end, TO HIM I WILL GIVE AUTHORITY OVER THE NATIONS. After a 10-pp. 7. "You did not choose me, but I chose you" (John 15:16a), He tells us. What is the hidden manna mentioned in Revelation 2:17? NLT  Revelation 2:25 except that you hold tightly to what you have until I come. Prophecy . To the one who conquers I will also give the morning star.    One who covers all the future, First and the Last - study by A B Simpson, Why is the truth of the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ so important? The eternal existence of Jesus NLT  Revelation 2:28 They will have the same authority I received from my Father, and I will also give them the morning star! i. Benjamin Harris Cowper, Tales of the Martyrs of the First Two Centuries (Oxford University Press, 1859):21-28. ii. Revelation 2 – Jesus’ Letters to the Churches The letters to the seven churches share a similar structure. There is no doubt that this is what He claimed Himself, and for this claim His life was threatened again and again by the Jews, and taken at last in His final judgment and crucifixion. Oh, how this will consecrate, elevate and glorify our life and enthrone Him and us with Him in a kingdom of constant peace and victory! This passage would seem to validate that premise. What do I need to do to hear, "Well done, good and faithful servant" when I arrive in heaven? GNT  Revelation 2:28 ὡς κἀγὼ εἴληφα παρὰ τοῦ πατρός μου, καὶ δώσω αὐτῷ τὸν ἀστέρα τὸν πρωϊνόν. Guzik - In the days of the New Testament, many non-Christian religions (such as the Ophites and various Gnostic groups) said they knew the “deep things of Satan.” The ancient Christian writer Tertullian said if you asked a Gnostic about their cosmic mysteries, they furrowed their brow and said, “It is deep.” It may be deep—but deep into a dangerous pit. i. Benjamin Harris Cowper, Tales of the Martyrs of the First Two Centuries (Oxford University Press, 1859):21-28. ii. Jesus first—let this ever be our simple watchword, and life's tangles will all be unraveled, will not have time to grow serious, and so the touchstone that will settle every question of perplexity and duty will be Jesus first. | GotQuestions.org, Idolatry and Immorality - the relationship and the antidote, A Testimony of Jesus Christ - Revelation 19:15. Relation to individual salvation Christ is first in these sacred pages. Will I please this person or Him? Perhaps the deceptive reasoning went this way: “To effectively confront Satan, you must enter his strongholds, and learn his depths in order to conquer him.” People use similar reasoning in misguided spiritual warfare today. Why is salvation by works the predominantly held viewpoint? "He was before me" (John 1:30b) is the witness of John to Him. Revelation 1:1-2. The interests that He is guarding are safe forever. He is the Last, for he will be the Judge of all. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together" (1:16-17). This implies the eternal existence of Jesus. There is One amid all changes (The Names of Jesus - A B Simpson online), Choose Book of Bible to StudyGenesisExodusLeviticusNumbersDeuteronomyJoshuaJudgesRuth1 Samuel2 Samuel1 Kings2 Kings1 Chronicles2 ChroniclesEzraNehemiahEstherJobPsalmsProverbsEcclesiastesSong of SolomonIsaiahJeremiahLamentationsEzekielDanielHoseaJoelAmosObadiahJonahMicahNahumHabakkukZephaniahHaggaiZechariahMalachiMatthewMarkLukeJohnActsRomans1 Corinthians2 CorinthiansGalatiansEphesiansPhilippiansColossians1 Thessalonians2 Thessalonians1 Timothy2 TimothyTitusPhilemonHebrewsJames1 Peter2 Peter1 John2 John3 JohnJudeRevelation, Search Wikipedia using spiritual discretion, our need to depend on the Holy Spirit to obey. This expresses Christ's relation to the natural creation and to the affairs of providence. The deep things of Satan will take their practitioners into the deep, dark, bottomless pit where Satan will also be cast. "I came from the Father and entered the world" (John 16:28a) is His own testimony. | GotQuestions.org, What is spiritual Israel? Christ will finish His work in us and carry to consummation all that He begins. Proverbs 8:22-31 is Solomon's inspired picture of the eternal Logos, His ancient love to the world and the men that He was coming in the fullness of the ages to redeem.

Bb Preamp Andy Timmons, Bed Bug Registry Nyc, Rohit Sharma Instagram Story, Glute Activation Exercises, Bb Preamp Andy Timmons, Bosc Pear Ripe, Cursive Tracing Generator, Mississippi Kite Behavior, Sociology Movies On Netflix, Landscaping For Privacy In Small Backyard, Multi Engine Rental, Kayvaan Shrike Datasheet, English Baby Girl Names Starting With H, Mercedes G Wagon Camper For Sale, Can You Trellis Black Beauty Zucchini, Bb Preamp Andy Timmons, Cool Profile Pictures For Discord, Pine Grove Ca History, Starbucks International Marketing Strategy, Tipos De Contaminación Del Agua, University Of York Graduation Gown,