I enjoyed it even more on these. 162 calories; protein 0.3g 1% DV; carbohydrates 27.8g 9% DV; fat 5.9g 9% DV; cholesterol 14.4mg 5% DV; sodium 81.1mg 3% DV. , My goal is to give you the confidence in cooking and baking from scratch with well-tested trusted recipes and easy step-by-step photo and video tutorials. He loves sour cream in almost everything so here I am looking for an icing recipe that I can make without going to the store. In a bowl of a mixer whip 4 oz of butter and 8 oz of cream cheese together for about 5 minutes, or … I can’t wait to try your other cake recipes. Pin this recipe to your favorite board now to remember it later! This Coconut Cake is so light and delicious. I'm Lauren--a professional recipe developer who spends countless hours perfecting recipes so you can know with confidence that what you see is exactly what you’ll get. I tried with raspberries as well, but I didn’t like it; it tasted wrong lol . Wrap foil around carton. By far the BEST frosting I’ve ever had/made! The frosting was obviously my favorite part of the whole cake! More. Copyright © 2007-2020 Stephanie Parker | Plain Chicken, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Place cake in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator. Let’s talk about this Chocolate Sour Cream Frosting…, If you follow me on Instagram, you’ll know that Blake turned 3 recently!! OMG! We will be doing a post all about his birthday soon, but I wanted to share this amazing amazing frosting recipe for his cake. Tonight I made (stupid rich) chocolate cupcakes for a coworker’s birthday, topped with this and some fresh raspberries. I made this to frost a Devil’s food cake for a graduation party. I would love to hear from you. Thank you so much for your hard work and delicious recipes. With today’s sour cream fat content of 18% you can’t do much whipping to achieve the fluffiness that the original frosting had. This cake is good in fridge for 3-4 days. It was delicious! powdered sugar: frosting does need to be sweet after all! Hi! Let the cake cool before frosting. This cake recipe comes a long way. We don’t eat hydrogenated staff? In a food processor, crash almonds for 20-30 seconds until they turn into ground almonds. salted butter: adds the salt I need to counter the powdered sugar. Hashtag your photos #olgainthekitchen or by clicking on social icons on top of this page. Then whip on high for 30 seconds to 1 minute to get a completely smooth and creamy frosting. I had no issues at all making Blake’s birthday cake! Thank you Lauren! TA-DA!! I was worried about the frosting because it had sour cream in it, but the sugar and cool whip sweetened it up. A while back, when I ran out of honey that I always use in this cake, I tried substituting with Simple Truth brand and the cake layers turned out heavy and weren’t fluffy. Beat in honey/baking soda mixture on low for 30 seconds. Maybe try a different brand of sour cream? No alterations to the ingredients list or directions needed. Loved the candles, both numeral and quantity. If I need to, I can always add milk or water to change the consistency. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. He couldn’t keep his fingers out of it. Add vanilla, salt, and sour cream and continue to beat for another minute. Add vanilla, salt, and sour cream and continue to beat for another minute. I’ve been making this cake for many years and it is delicious. Mix together with a wooden spoon. In a small bowl, microwave 4 tablespoons honey for 40-60 seconds until it starts bubbling and rising. You won’t regret that decision. I also like to put it in a freezer ziplock bag. I kept waiting for this recipe since I once saw you share in your stories on Instagram and finally tried it. this is chocolate frosting, so obviously I need that. Scrape sides and mix again. Frost cake with this mixture. 3. It could be the sour cream. So it still taste good that way? Cut out a cake diameter carton circle. I got this Coconut Cake recipe from my Mom. The cake is thawed by the time I am ready to frost the cake. It pairs wonderfully with all kinds of cakes, cupcakes, and other desserts. Does this frosting require refrigeration or can the frosted cake be left out (in a dome of course). The moisture content of your sour cream is going to determine your results, with a thick, stick-to-the-spoon sour cream producing a thicker frosting, and a goopy, watery sour cream producing a dipping sauce. I put it over cupcakes and couldn't stop eating them! I think the variance in the consistency by reviewers is due to the sour cream - stiff or watery? Heating or microwaving your butter to soften it will produce something closer to an icing, not a frosting. The BEST Carrot Cake – recipe from Full Moon BBQ in Birmingham, AL. Place all ingredients into the bowl of a stand mixer. Pam spray the pan again and pour the second batch. This cake is good in fridge for 3-4 days. Thank you for sharing your delicious recipes, you’re my fave!! This is great!! Have you ever had sour cream in frosting before? Refrigerate until ready to use, but not for prolonged time or the cream might become slightly runny. Before I got married, I used to bake it almost every Sunday for our church youth gathering. Blend the Cool Whip and 1 cup of reserved sour cream coconut mixture together. Cool completely before stacking and frosting. Amount is based on available nutrient data. A good alternative to cream cheese frosting. The frosting is made up of coconut, cool whip, sugar, and sour cream. Lacey, most Ukrainian cakes are easy to make. See my cream cheese frosting recipe for the exact recipe. If you are baking or cooking, keep it away from heat, since you need your butter softened, not melted. You can make the cake a day in advance and store it refrigerated in an air-tight container. The frosting was obviously my favorite part of the whole cake! I bake the cakes, cool, and slice them before wrapping them in plastic wrap and putting in freezer bags. Loved this recipe, tweaked it a bit, less sugar, and Mexican style sour cream, ghee instead of butter, worked very well, 5 stars. I love this recipe and I will put it to use on all of my pound cakes. The cake layers are made from a … You can decorate the cake with any honey cake crumbs you got on hand from previous, recent baking, but I feel like the nutty-almond decoration gives that extra flavor and just blends in nicely with honey. Bake 1 layer at a time for 13-15 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Very good and very versatile. She had it at a holiday party last year and asked for the recipe. Everyone always asks for the recipe! Frost sides as well so you don’t really see cake layers peeking through sour cream frosting. Read my disclosure policy. Could I use regular cool whip cause I have that at home and don’t feel like running to the store, Do you mean original instead of extra creamy? Place about 4 tablespoonful frosting between each cake layer and spread evenly (make sure to get edges). Info. Unless otherwise noted, all images and content here on Plain Chicken® are original and copyright protected under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. I’ve never done with any other cream. I followed the same recipe for the icing but it is to runny and I don’t know why. Prepare a nonstick 9" springform pan; oil or spray with a cooking spray and wipe all over with a paper towel (make sure to get the edges nicely). Also gradually add the lemon juice and vanilla extract so as not to make it soupy. Thank you for the heads up, I forgot it has to be frozen cool whip. Use to decorate cake. I have now found my favorite chocolate frosting. It didn’t last long enough to freeze. You will want to put the cake in the freezer and once it has frozen wrap it tightly with freezer plastic wrap. […] more frosting options, check out these: Cream Cheese Frosting, Chocolate Sour Cream Frosting, Reese’s Frosting, and Poured Chocolate […]. I’m so glad she did! Only a few…, Cracker Barrel Double Chocolate Fudge Coca-Cola Cake – copycat recipe that tastes better than the original. Can visualize Blake putting up three fingers as well! In a large bowl, using a mixer, beat 8 eggs and 1 cup sugar on high for 8-10 mins until eggs are light in color, thick and fluffy. I made this for some valentine's day cookies I made, because I didn't have any cream cheese in the fridge, but had lots of sour cream. Your email address will not be published. I think it’s because of the sour cream. Yes you can, just make sure it’s frozen. Because of doing that, I also added another 1/8 tsp.

Heineken 650ml Bottles, How To Thicken Stewed Tomatoes, Filmfare Awards 2014 Best Debut Male Nominees, Bhale Bhale Magadivoy Full Movie Online, College Of Westchester Moodle, Pepsi Logo Png White, 4 Letter Words From Serious, Sagemcom Fast 5260 Reset, Labneh Dessert Recipes, Kukicha Tea Preparation, Delicious Butter 100gm Price, Automobile Engineering Colleges In Delhi, Solubility Rules Chem Worksheet 15-1 Answer Key, Questions To Ask About The Good Samaritan, French Camp Campground Weather, Singer Class 15 Transparent Bobbins, Simple Truth Plant Based Chorizo Review, Fresh Figs Montreal, Blueberry Tofu Cheesecake, Tvs Jupiter Weight In Kg, Violet Crumble Amazon, Belif True Cream Moisturizing Bomb, Msc Project Management With Internship In Uk, Athenian War Hero Set Build, Uvc Reflective Coating, The Great Contender Ac Odyssey Bug, Brown Butter Rice Krispie Treats Alton Brown, Latest Ram Charan Movies, Vintage Slant Front Desk, Hedgehog Cactus Flowers, How To Cut Imitation Crab For Sushi, Sherpa Jacket With Hood Men's, Bon Appetit In Malayalam, Save Small Business Campaign, Number 41: Bagooska The Terribly Tired Tapir Price, Transmitted Radiation Definition, Labneh And Honey,