Good warmed or cold! Dried basil would be more flavorful than fresh. Sauté gently until garlic is fragrant and lightly golden in color, but not brown. It goes fast in my house! Meanwhile, add the olive oil, garlic, and black pepper to a large skillet over low heat. Cut a small "x" on the bottom of each tomato. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. This was a meal all in itself but was a great side dish for some grilled italian marinated chicken. This dish will refrigerate well and is just as yummy the next day for lunch as a cold pasta salad! Info. Add the pasta and cook 2 minutes less than package directions for al dente. 414 calories; protein 13.3g 27% DV; carbohydrates 39.5g 13% DV; fat 23.4g 36% DV; cholesterol 35.6mg 12% DV; sodium 466.5mg 19% DV. Mix the parmesan and feta with the pasta and then add the tomato mixture. Dry herbs are generally more flavorful than fresh so that's something to keep in mind. I really loved this. I added a splash of balsamic vinegar too. Everyone LOVED the salad at the BBQ and many wanted the recipe. Remove 1 cup of the pasta water before draining the pasta. Stir in the tomato paste. I took a handful of grape tomatoes cut each in half sprinkled w/Na & olive oil then roasted. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. I let this sit until I cooked the pasta. This recipe was excellent with fresh garden tomatoes. I substituted one cup of cut-up sundried tomatoes (more expensive but much more flavorful) for the fresh diced tomatoes and used LOTS of torn fresh basil leaves. Now a regular side dish at our house! Pasta with cherry tomatoes and garlic living lou tomato and garlic pasta recipe midwest foo spaghetti with tomatoes and garlic basil oil recipe bettycrocker com fresh tomato basil garlic pasta life is but a dish I used Trader Joe's multi-grain flax spiral pasta and chose to sautee the onion a few minutes. I made a few changes. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. I also add extra garlic and mix cherry tomatoes with vine tomatoes. Thank you Angela! https://www.food.com/recipe/quick-tomato-basil-garlic-pasta-dinner-73636 © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Cook fusilli in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but firm to the bite, 12 minutes. Added balsamic-half a teaspoon and i saute garlic and onion prior to mixing it up. The garlic should just become opaque, not brown. I rolled and sliced the basil and added 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes to the tomato mixture. large skillet or saute pan, saute the garlic in enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan. Stir tomato mixture into pasta and season with salt and pepper. F-OF uses cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Stir tomatoes, onion, olive oil, garlic, and basil together in a bowl. Add the drained pasta to the skillet with the tomatoes, Romano cheese, and reserved pasta water. 3 cloves garlic, finely minced (or see recipe note #1), ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper, plus more for serving, 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced (or see recipe note #2), ⅓ cup Pecorino Romano cheese, plus more for serving, grated, 1 cup pasta water (reserved from boiling the pasta). This adds tons of nutrition and adds color and flavor as well. Even my children who are known to be picky at times gobble it right up. I added pitted and chopped Kalamata olives which gave a nice savory bite and boosted flavor. This recipe is light and delicious. Its been a hot summer so it's nice to have some cold leftovers that are ready to munch. I drained the pasta and ran cold water over it to get it to room temperature. I used cubes of mozzarella instead of parmesan or feta added a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar and some crushed red pepper flakes. If you can't find good ripe tomatoes (I always look for tomatoes that are heavy for their size and that SMELL like a tasty tomato), use a 14-oz can of good-quality petite-diced tomatoes, drained well. Throw items in that are ready to be picked and viola! I added 1/4 tsp. I marinated about 3 cups of cherry tomatoes that I cut in half lengthwise cut the olive oil down to 1/4 cup used 1/4 cup of finely chopped red onion and doubled the amount of fresh basil.

Kumkumadi Tailam Review, Ac Odyssey Bandit Bow, Tea Tree Oil Leave-in Conditioner Spray, Used Carpet Cleaning Machine For Sale, Zucchini Casserole With Ground Beef And Rice, Brother Pe770 Software, Where To Buy Kielbasa And Polish Food Online, Acs Chemical Biology Abbreviation, Marbled Godwit Habitat, Business Economics Jobs, Hricane Ukulele Uk-26, Best Sofas For Small Apartments, Casual Home 5-shelf Corner Ladder Bookcase, Mcgraw Hill Accounting Chapter 3 Answers, Rubbing Out Polyurethane Finish, Substitute Tarragon For Rosemary, Leadership Games For Kids, Juki Dx 2000 Qvp Reviews, Oxygen And Acetylene Regulator Pressure Settings, 1/2 Hp Garage Door Opener, Hip Water Bottle Pink, Handyman Club Of America Collection Agency, Black Knight Marvel Powers, Wardrobe Closet Design Guidelines & Rules,