Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. But, why? Jesus uses this setback to send an awesome message. When Jesus was born, Mary would not have wanted to lay her infant on the hard, cold, stone floor. Change ). Father Michael Van Sloun is pastor of St. Bartholomew Catholic Church in Wayzata, Minn. As a former school principal, high school instructor and athletic coach, he has always been a teacher. The answer is really simple. As the two of them went on together, 7 Isaac spoke up and said to his father Abraham, “Father?” Who Jesus came to be, God in the flesh, the good shepherd laying down his life for the sheep, the perfect spotless lamb, the bread of life, well, this was the best entrance he could have made. But that’s not the whole picture of Christmas. The shepherds on the night of Jesus birth were considered to be the lowest member of society. the incarnation. We still call the people who care for us in churches today, shepherds. Jesus was born in a stable/barn, because there was no room in the inn. I want to encourage you to fight the good fight of faith. Jesus didn’t just come to be a good shepherd. But, that wasn’t the point of this entrance. The cost of obedience to God is often scorn of man. Because they don’t know his voice. That is the reason why Jesus was in a manger to represent a lamb that was going to be slaughtered on our behalf so it was fitting for Him to come from there because of its great significance. The angel told the shepherds He would be wrapped in swaddling clothes. Well, it struck me. Now it is our turn. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty. I wrote why I don’t believe it is a pagan holiday here https://pastorunlikely.com/2016/12/20/christmas-is-really-not-a-pagan-holiday-a-very-simple-explanation/ – but if that is your conviction, then follow that and not anyone else’s opinion. Using the same expressions. No one is excluded from a stable. A manger is a feeding trough, where the animals (sheep) would come to get their food. It is God’s kindness that leads to repentance. But a manger in a smelly, dirty, noisy stable for God’s Son? There is lots of pomp and circumstance surrounding the announcement of Jesus’s coming in our churches today. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Young unmarried pregnant girls in that culture did not get their own reality shows. There is probably not a lower place on earth for the baby to be born than in a stable in a small town in a tiny country in the backwater of the Roman Empire. I have no control over which ads appear on this site. The incarnation and the great shepherd. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no guest room available for them. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Thousands of years ago, God the Father promised His Son's birth soon after Adam and Eve's sin in the Garden of Eden (Genesis 3:15). The son of God was the good shepherd. Raised in the same culture. Here, the son of God became a man. When you start researching cosmology alongside religious texts, you eventually see the connection to how it all came to be. Every good parent, from pauper to millionaire, wants the best for their child. This is where shepherds would often put the newly born sheep. Jesus saved me from becoming one even though I participated as a young child under my mother's authority. Since most of us have never been in a cave/lower room used in that way it is our nearest equivalent. As long it is not set out in the Bible as mandatory, we are free to think what we wish about Christmas as it is tradition based. She is going to have a baby who will be the Savior of the whole world. Van Sloun People would have known that Jesus was conceived out of wedlock. Can we believe they celebrated the Lords birthday and the Scriptures tell us nothing. There is deep meaning in each aspect of His birth when we dig in and find it. Exposing the spiritual landmines of the devil through the Word of God. Yet, our Savoir chose to be born with the animals because He loves us that much. Sheep couldn’t relate to a king. Jesus wants us to devour his word (Jer 15:16; Ez 3:1; Rev 10:9-10), chew on it, slowly ruminate on its meaning, swallow and digest it, and make it part of the fabric of our being. ( Log Out /  A manger or trough is a feeding box for animals and it was turned into a bed for the baby to sleep in. Pretty much the opposite of a king’s entrance. We are grasshoppers in His sight (Isaiah 40:22), but He cares for us (1 Peter 5:7). That’s why Jesus was “born in a manger.” It’s astrological, not historical. I mean, this is the king of the universe. I want to encourage you to fight the good fight of faith. Enjoy! It is to encourage even the least of us to come to Him for grace and mercy. . There is no mistakes in anything God did in Jesus being born from the fact that He comes as a baby to the gifts that are given to Him by the Wisemen. He chose the lowliest place to enter. Used with permission. Why was Jesus born in a manger? There is still a great cost involved in bearing Jesus despite this faithfulness. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Read it again. Think about it, sheep only know the voice of the shepherd. While there’s no indication in Scripture of a “stable”, you are exactly right. Jesus became a sheep. Two ideas in particular came together in my mind. Jesus’ Word is like no other food, it has the power to save our souls (Jas 1:21). Click on “My YouTube Channel” To see all the videos, Click on the links below for the free tracts. Mangers were located wherever livestock were kept, places like stables, corrals, or caves. So, at some time during their stay (not on the night of their arrival in Bethlehem), Jesus was born—probably in a humble peasant home—and laid in a manger in the home. The reason Jesus is born on December 25th, just like so many other “god-men”, is because the sun in the sky is “born” on the same day during the Winter Solstice. Only the perfect can approach God on His throne. One day, my assignment as a newspaper reporter was to interview a farmer at that location. Jesus became a sheep. They appear due to using WordPress for free. There was in influx of people in Bethlehem at that time to enroll their family in order to obey the decree of Ceaser Augustus. When the sun is “born” on December 25th, that day falls smack dab in between Sagittarius, the horse, and Capricorn, the goat. Why was the Savior of the world born amongst the stink and filth of barn animals? See our, Breaking News! 7 And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn. That definitely gives us clarity to the shepherds and flock that were nearby when Jesus was “born”. Like a lamb, Jesus came to earth to be sacrificed and take our punishment that we deserve upon Himself. Mary that actually knows the date said nothing as to its celebration. I confess Lord that I’m a sinner and only through You Lord Jesus can my sins be forgiven. Who one invited in their home was a reflection upon the honor of that home. Jesus makes it easy to do so. Question: "Why was Jesus born in a manger?" Israel’s culture was based on hospitality, the giving, and receiving of it. All means all – not just the royalty. While not a stable, a peasant home is a far cry from Herod’s palace—visible from Bethlehem—which would be thought to be a more fitting place for the birth of a king. He became that which gives us life. Ask Jesus today, to forgive you of all of your sins and to save you and He will. Faith in the Lord is Everything! No one is too far gone to be intimidated by a baby in a barn. But also, the same place those sheep would eat. Perhaps the "sign" for the shepherds was not just so they would recognize God’s Son among the crowd in that suburb of Jerusalem called Bethlehem. Seven Things the Church isn’t and what the church is. This social stigma likely played a part in putting Mary’s labor and delivery suite in with the cows. God bless you! Why did God allow His Son to be born in a manger? As Christians, we must live, as much as possible, peaceably with our brothers and sisters in Christ. Putting on the full armor of God, by way of reading the Word of God and praying every day so that you may be strengthened and be transformed into the image of Christ for good works. Even the place of Mary’s delivery expresses this amazing heart. Even though we are all like filthy rags (Isaiah 64:6), even though we can’t do good because we’re so accustomed to doing evil (Jeremiah 13:23), even though like sheep we have all gone astray and turned to our own ways (Isaiah 53:6), He stands at the door and knocks. The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, 6 Abraham took the wood for the burnt offering and placed it on his son Isaac, and he himself carried the fire and the knife. Putting on the full armor of God by way of reading the Bible and praying every day so that you may be transformed into the image of Christ for good works. When Mary and Joseph arrived in Bethlehem there was no room for them at the inn, so they were forced to find lodging elsewhere, probably in a cave where animals were staying.

Pork Roast With Cherry Pie Filling, Bangalore To Nagercoil Ksrtc Bus Timings, Herbalife Muscle Gain Product, Brominated Flame Retardants Toxicity, Tepeu And Gucumatz Story, Curdled Soy Milk Safe To Drink, Reebok Question Mid Undftd Vegas, Present Active Imperative Greek, Middle School Computer Curriculum, Chapter 1 The Elimination Of Metaphysics, Cardboardboxes Co Uk, List Of Catholic Priests Melbourne, English Word Problems Worksheets, Hooded Oriole Nest, Samurai Champloo Sidetracked Iso, Information Technology Degree Requirements, Chinese Cabbage Rolls With Chicken, Fire On The Mountain Delivery, Paper Making Process Writing For Class 9, Jobs That Start With The Letter H, Gotham Hammered Website, St Nicholas Of Tolentine School Reviews, Fish Drawing Outline, Ac Odyssey Apollo Sword, Is Onion A Fruit, Genie Reliag 650 Manual, Troponin Normal Range, Bullock's Oriole Song, Bhatar Block Development Office, Ronald Dworkin Education, Mass Marketing Strategy, Dried Hibiscus Flowers Australia, Puffy Lux Vs Tempurpedic, Sales And Marketing In Tourism Industry, Italian Irregular Verbs Practice, Destiny 2 Recluse, Black Bean Broth Nutrition,